Can My Windshield Chip Be Repaired?
In most cases, yes. Rock chips are annoying, never expected and rarely a convenience.
Sometimes a full windshield replacement is the only answer. But at Dynamo Windshield Repair, if a chip or crack is 8 inches or smaller, a quick windshield repair may be all that you need.
Who can repair my windshield chip?
Most auto glass shops, body shops and even some automotive dealerships should be able to repair the rock chips in your windshield. It’s always a good idea to check reviews online for more information about a company and whether they provide high-quality workmanship. We specialize in rock chip repairs in Edmonton and would love to help!
What kind of windshield damage can be repaired?
We can repair your windshield when:
- The rock chip is 2 inches or smaller in diameter
- The windshield crack is 8 inches or smaller in length
- The damage is not in front of a camera or a sensor
Our certified windshield repair experts service windshields on all types of vehicles for both residential and commercial customers.
When should I repair my windshield?
As soon as possible! No, seriously. The best time to repair your windshield is right away. We understand that everyone is busy and a rock chip repair might not rank high on your to-do list. We do recommend putting some tape over top of the chip until you have a chance to have your windshield repaired by a professional. It is better to repair your windshield before it’s too late and that small chip spreads into a long crack, costing you a replacement.
Why should I repair my windshield sooner rather than later?
- Rock chip repairs are affordable and cost the fraction of what a replacement would cost
- A small chip will eventually turn into a large crack
- Repairing a windshield can usually be done in just 30 minutes
- Dynamo uses only the highest quality materials and equipment
- Windshield repairs are backed by our lifetime warranty
How is my windshield chip repaired?
A windshield repair involves cleaning and treating the damaged area with specially designed resins and tools. In most cases, the damage can be repaired in less than 60 minutes. You can use a DIY kit to repair a rock chip or you can seek a certified glass repair technician.
What kind of windshield damage cannot be repaired?
There are certain times where Dynamo may not be able to repair your windshield. Some damages that cannot be repaired:
- Damage on the inside of the windshield
- Deep damage on both layers of the glass
- Any damage over top of a camera, rain sensor or internal radio antenna
- Damage in the driver’s field of vision
- Multiple cracks
- Long cracks (over 8 inches long)
- Contaminated cracks (dirt, moisture, etc.)
- Cracks and chips extending from the edge of the glass
Get your windshield chip repaired before it’s too late!
When you notice a rock chip or small crack, don’t wait. If another rock hits your windshield, the entire windshield can crack and require a full replacement, costing you more money and time!
We strive to make your service a convenient one. We’re usually available same-day or next-day and our mobile windshield repair service will come to you anywhere in Edmonton, Alberta.